Immigration And Visas
To study at the Central University, the prospective student should first have an offer of admission from the school. International Students are required by Ghanaian law to obtain a resident permit to enable a smooth stay throughout the duration of their study.
Upon arrival, International Students are advised to visit the Centre for International Relations and Programmes (CIRP) to apply for their residence permits with the following:
Requirement by the Ghana Immigration Service for Residence Permit
- A photocopy of your Non-Citizen Card (The Non-Citizen card cost $ 120.00. The Ghana Cedis equivalence is accepted)
- A photocopy of the data page of your passport
- A photocopy of your admission letter
- A photocopy of your current tuition fees receipt
- 3 passport pictures
- A valid passport (6 months valid at least)
- • GH¢ 150.00 for Ghana Immigration processing fee for ECOWAS countries
- • GH¢ 200.00 for Ghana Immigration processing fee for Non ECOWAS Countries
Please note that it takes between two (2) weeks and one month for your permit to be processed.
- ¬ Penalty to pay for expired permit
When you are entering Ghana, whether through the airport or any of our borders, your passport is normally stamped by immigration officers and certain number of days given to you to exit the country. If for any reason, you exceed the number of days given to you, you will pay the following fine to the Ghana Immigration Services:
- ECOWAS Countries: GH¢ 60.00 / month (if you hold previous residence permit)
GHȻ 80.00 / month (if you have never done a residence permit)
- Non ECOWAS Countries: GH¢ 80.00 / month (if u hold a previous residence permit)
GH¢100.00 / month (if you have never done a residence permit)
ACQUIRING A NON-CITIZEN CARD
Note: The Non –Citizen Card is a mandatory requirement from the Government of Ghana. The Non-Citizen Ghana card shall be used for all transactions that require identification. Foreign nationals who do not have the Non-Citizen card will not be allowed to apply for their Residence Permit, register SIM cards for telephones, open bank accounts, acquire driver’s license or even have access to other essential services in the country. The Non-Citizen Card costs $120.00 or its Ghana Cedi equivalent.
This card can be acquired instantly at any CAL Bank Branch in Ghana or at the National Identification Authority Head office at Tetteh Quarshie near the Gulf House.
For more information, contact the Centre for International Relations and Programmes on the Miotso campus on the following numbers: +233 (0) 307 02 05 37 / +233 (0) 303 31 85 81
* All amounts stated above are subject to change without notice
Important Note: Your passport is the most valuable document when you arrive in Ghana. You must keep your passport in a safe place to avoid losing it. Students are advised to make photocopies of the most important pages of their passports and store them in a different secure place. On arrival in Ghana, all International Students must register with their respective Embassies/High Commissions at their earliest convenience.
Signed: Head, (CIPR)
CLICK HERE for important Pre-Arrival Information
PERMIS DE RÉSIDENCE
Tous nos étudiants étrangers sont priés de régulariser leur situation en ayant leur permit de résidence à jour.
Pour l’obtention de votre permis de résidence, vous aurez besoin des documents ci-après:
- • 1 photocopie de votre carte de Non-résident (la carte de non-résident s’obtient à un coût de 120 dollars)
- • 1 photocopie de votre lettre d’admission
- • 1 photocopie de votre reçu de paiement de scolarité
- • 3 photos d’identité
- • 1 passeport (valide d’au moins 6 mois)
- • 150 Ghana cedis pour la soumission de dossier (Pour les ressortissants des pays membres de la CEDEAO).
- • 200 Ghana cedis pour la soumission de dossier (Pour les ressortissants des pays non membres de la CEDEAO).
Note : Les montants cités plus hauts sont susceptibles de changement et sont payables aux Services d’Immigration Ghanéenne.
Admissions: +233 0307 020540 | +233 0303 318583
Main: +233 0303 318580 | 030 7020545 (Miotso) | +233 0302 313185 (Mataheko) | +233 0302 396189 (Kumasi)
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180