Professor John Ofosu-Anim was appointed as the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic) of Central University on 1st February 2018. He obtained his MSc in Agriculture and PhD in Agronomy from Kagawa University and Nagoya University of Japan, respectively. He is a scientist with considerable international experience and outstanding administrative skills. Since 1996, he has risen from the rank of Lecturer to a Full Professor through quality teaching, research extension and internationally acclaimed scholarship. Professor Ofosu-Anim has taught a range of courses and trained several undergraduate and post graduate students.
He is the Dean of the School of Architecture and Science of Central University until his appointment as the Pro Vice-Chancellor (Academic). Prior to his employment by Central University, Professor Ofosu-Anim was the Dean, School of Agriculture, University of Ghana and also held a number of administrative positions including serving several times as Acting Provost, College of Basic and Applied Sciences, Head, Department of Crop Science and Vice-Dean of the School of Agriculture.
Professor Ofosu-Anim served on all the relevant committees at University of Ghana including: the Business and Executive Committee, Collegiate Restructuring Committee, Academic Board, Board of Graduate Studies, Tender Board, Procurement Board, GUSS management Board, Security Committee, Academic Curriculum Quality and Staff Development Committee, University Examinations Superintending Committee, Board of College of Agriculture and Consumer Sciences, Board of School of Agriculture, Chairman of Inter-Faculty Appointment Review Committee ( IFARC). He served as Secretary & President of UTAG, Mensah Sarbah Hall Tutor and represented academic staff on the University of Ghana Council.
Professor Ofosu-Anim has attracted funds for research and facilitated the establishment of links some of which opened opportunities for PhD placement for University of Ghana students in world-class universities. He has also served as a Guest Associate Professor of the Tokyo University of Agriculture and Technology.
He has tenacity of purpose and is passionate about being successful in his endeavours.
- Takashi Tokumaru, Hirokazu Ozaki, Siaw Onwona-Agyeman, John Ofosu-Anim, Izumi Watanabe. 2017. Determination of the extent of trace metals pollution in soils, sediments and human hair at e-waste recycling site in Ghana. 2017. Arch. Environ. Contam. Toxicol. 73:377-390
- M. E. Essilfie, H. K. Dapaah, J. Ofosu-Anim, E. T. Blay and J. C. Norman. 2016. Effect of different storage methods and fertilizer rates on quality of sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas L.) Storage Roots. International Journal of Plant & Soil Science 10(1): 1-12
- M. E. Essilfie, J. Ofosu-Anim, H. K. Dapaah, E. T. Blay and J. C. Norman. 2016. Yield and root quality of two sweet potato (Ipomoea batatas [L.] Lam) varieties as influenced by chicken manure, Inorganic Fertilizer and Storage Methods. American Journal of Experimental Agriculture 11(2): 1-19
- Hosoda J., Ofosu-Anim, J., Sabi, E.B., Akita, L. G., Agyeman, S. O., Yamashita, R and Takada, H. 2014. Monitoring of organic micropollutants in Ghana by combination of pellet watch with sediment analysis: E-waste as a source of PCBs. Mar. Pollut. Bulletin 86: 575-581
- Yvonne O. Kugblenu, Eric Oppong Danso, Kwadwo Ofori, Mathias N. Anderson, Stephen Abbeney-Mickson, Edward B. Sabi, Finn Plauborg, Mark K. Abekoe, John Ofosu-Anim, Rodomiro Ortiz and Soren T. Jorgensen. 2013. Screening tomato genotypes for adaptation to high temperature in West Africa. Acta Agriculturae Scandinavica 63: 516-522
- Kugblenu, Y.O., Oppong Danso, E., Ofori, K., Andersen, M.N., Abenney-Mickson, S., Sabi, E.B., Plauborg, F.L., Abekoe, M.K., Jørgensen, S.T., Jensen, C.R. and Ofosu-Anim, J. 2013. Heat tolerance in field grown tomatoes) Lycopersicon esculentum Mill) under semi-arid conditions of West Africa. Acta Horticulturae 971:99-106