Office Of The Registrar
Mr. Emil Mawuli Kofi Afenyo
Mr. Emil Mawuli Kofi Afenyo assumed office as the Registrar of Central University on 1st July 2016. He is a Development Consultant, Communication Specialist and Academic Administrator with two decades of experience.
Mr Afenyo was born on May 19, 1972. He joined Bishop Herman College in Kpando between 1984 and 1989 for his GCE “O” Level and Mawuli Secondary School in Ho for his GCE “A” Level in 1991 from where he proceeded to the University of Ghana graduating in Geography and French in 1997. Between 1994/95, whiles still an undergrad, he went on a year abroad French Language exchange program at the Universite De Ouagadougou in Burkina Faso.Mr. Afenyo enrolled at the then School of Communication Studies of the University of Ghana for a Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Studies specialising in Advertising and Public Relations. Upon completion in 1999, Emil was admitted to the Master of Science degree program in Development Management at the London School of Economics in the United Kingdom.
Mr. Afenyo joined Central University in September 2000. Positions he has held in the University include Executive Assistant, Assistant Registrar, Coordinator of Research, Policy and Planning, and Director of Academic and Student Services. He has been a member of various boards and committees bringing to bear his in-depth knowledge and appreciation of good corporate governance. He is Secretary to the Council of the University and its Executive, Finance, Tender, Procurement and Planning Committees. He also serves as Secretary to the Academic Board and its committees, and as Chairman of the Board of Trustees of the CU Provident Fund.
His vision is to see Central University become the finest private higher education institution in Africa, a University driven by high technology and supported by a professional and dedicated administrative cadre. He plans to help build a God-fearing, innovative and entrepreneurial Registry which is positioned as a key partner and strategic advisor in educational administration, planning and policy formulation.
COLLEGES AND UNIVERSITIES ATTENDED
- London School of Economics, London, United Kingdom (1999-2000)
- School of Communication Studies, University of Ghana, Legon, Ghana (1998-1999)
- Universite De Ouagadougou, Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso, French language programme, (1994-1995)
- University of Ghana, Legon, Accra, Ghana (1992-1997)
- Mawuli Secondary School, Ho, Ghana (1989-1991)
- Bishop Herman College, Kpando, Ghana (1984-1989)
- Master of Science in Development Management, London School of Economics, UK. 2000
- Postgraduate Diploma in Communication Studies (Advertising and Public Relations), School of Communication Studies, University of Ghana, 1999.
- BA (Hons), Geography and French, University of Ghana, 1997
- GCE Advanced Level, Mawuli Secondary School, Ho, 1991
- GCE Ordinary Level, Bishop Herman College, Kpando, 1989
Admissions: +233 028 9546164/5
Main: +233 (0)302 951478 / 0302 313185/ 0303 318580/ 0303 951478
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180