Telephone number: 0208117541
Kwesi Quayson is a lecturer (Literatures in English and English Proficiency Skills) in the Department of Languages, Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences, Central University. He holds a B.A (Hons). – (English & Music) and MPhil (Literature) obtained from the University of Cape Coast in 1988 and 2006 respectively.
In between these years, he had worked as a teacher (Accra Academy) and performing artiste (Abibigoromma, UG, Legon, Pan African Orchestra, Accra; CILTAD Agoro, Cape Coast). He had also collaborated in music and theatre productions.
Kwesi’s research interest is in the performing arts, literature and society. He is currently in the fourth year of his doctoral studies in the Department of English, University of Cape Coast. He is researching on the topic “The Rhetorical Profile of the Highlife Song Text” for a PhD in Literature in English.
Besides teaching and research, he had served as academic advisor to different year groups in the past.
a. Faculty Seminar, May 2010. Paper presented: “Jazz: A Reference beyond the musical”
b. Goethe Institute’s Cultural Days in May. May 2012. Paper presented: “Wellsprings of Ghanaian Popular Music”
c. Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences Colloquium, CUC, June 5, 2014. Paper presented: “Intertextuality in Contemporary African Literature”
d. FASS Colloquium, May, 2015. Paper presented: “Dualism in Amma Darko’s Beyond the Horizon”
e. FASS Colloquium, May 2016 Paper presented: “Humour in the Highlife Song Text”
f. English Departmental Seminar, UCC, February, 2016. Paper presented: “Humour in the Highlife Song Text”
1. Nyomi, S. Quayson, K. Abakah E. (2000). “Tombi” (An adaptation of the musical “Ipi Tombi”) Cape Coast: Ciltad Agoro Productions.
2. Quayson, K. & Essah, K. (1989). Free Boy. (Cassette album) Accra: Takashi Production
3. ……………………….. (1994). Higher Life Feeling. (Cassette album). Accra:Citirock Serengeti
4. Quayson, K. (2012). “Jazz: A reference beyond the musical” Academia Edu.
5. …………………………… (2015). “Dualism in Amma Darko’s Beyond the Horizon,” Central Inquiry. Accra: Buck Press.
Admissions: +233 0307 020540 | +233 0303 318583
Main: +233 0303 318580 | 030 7020545 (Miotso) | +233 0302 313185 (Mataheko) | +233 0302 396189 (Kumasi)
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180