MRS. AKU HAYFRON
Mrs. Hayfron is an accomplished Clinical Psychologist, Marriage Counsellor and a Lecturer at the Central University where she has been lecturing since October 2005. She is married with 3 children. She has been involved in a lot of events concerning Central University as she was:
- The first faculty member of the Department of Church Administration, Christian Education & Family Counselling (CACEFAC).
- A member of the 10th Anniversary planning Committee.
- Chairperson of the Career and Open day Committee which organized the official opening of the Miotso campus in 2008.
- Organizer of the STM Alumni get-together at the Dansoman Campus
- Course Advisor at STM for many years.
- Examinations officer for STM.
- She was the first vice chairperson of the Central University Staff Credit Union (CUSCU) after which she served for 7 years (2009 – 2016) as the chairperson of the Union.
- She has served on both the Senior & Junior Disciplinary committees. She is still a member of the latter committee.
Mrs. Hayfron is a Christian of integrity, very principled and approachable. She has respect for her students and authorities alike.
She has been of benefit to the nation as a whole as she has been on many media stations helping to resolve various problems including the recent spate of suicide in the country. Some radio and television stations she has been on; include:
TELEVISION STATIONS & PROGRAMS:
- Ghana Television (GTV): The Breakfast Show; The Standpoint, In The Light,
- Atinka TV: Breakfast Show;
- GhOne TV: Breakfast Show,
- Joy Prime (PM Express) etc.
RADIO STATIONS:Unique FM, Joy FM, Adom FM, Starr FM, Radio XYZ, 3FM.
She has been invited by many churches and organizations to give talks on various topics in her field. She was a member of the team of counsellors who worked on the survivors of the June 3rd disaster at Kwame Nkrumah Circle.
She was the treasurer of the Ghana Psychological Association till November 2016 when her tenure came to an end.
Aku Hayfron is an ardent Presbyterian who has served 2 terms as a Presbyter at the Logos Congregation, Achimota. She has been a pre-marital counsellor there for many years and is currently the chairperson of District Committee on Social Services.
She is currently collaborating with some people to come out with publications.
A. Brief Biographical introduction
An accomplished Clinical Psychologist and Lecturer in the area of Psychology and Family Counselling for over 12 years at Central University. Obtained an M.Phil. from the University of Ghana, Legon and a first degree from the University of the West Indies. An ardent Presbyterian & believer in God through His Son Jesus Christ.
B. Research interests include the following:
- Indigenous African symbols etc.
- Behavior patterns
I have been involved in various activities such as being a member of the Disciplinary committee for Senior & Junior members in Central University, member of the 10th anniversary committee, chairperson of the CUC Exhibition Committee, member of the Academic Audit team, Initiator of the STM Alumni, etc. Media work include being interviewed by BBC Radio, GBC (Radio & Television), Joy Fm, Adom Fm, Atinka Radio, Konongo Radio, Radio XYZ, Joy Television, 3 Fm & many more. Was a panel member at Joy Fm’s premier Bridal Fair. Past Treasurer of the Ghana Psychological Association.
C. Recent publications include the following:
1. “Investor behavioral pattern: An empirical study of the Ghana Stock” Journal of Applied Business and Economics (ISSN# 1499-691X). (Jointly published with J.E. Tetteh of CBS, 2017)
2. In progress: an article on ‘The relevance of indigenous Ghanaian symbols’
D. Contact details (email and phone if possible)
Admissions: +233 0307 020540 | +233 0303 318583
Main: +233 0303 318580 | 030 7020545 (Miotso) | +233 0302 313185 (Mataheko) | +233 0302 396189 (Kumasi)
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180