WILLIAM KOFI OWUSU DEMITIA
William Kofi Owusu Demitia holds a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) from the Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology, a Master of Laws (LL.M) in International Taxation from the University of Florida and a Master of Business Administration in Finance from the University of Ghana.
He is a member of the Ghana Bar Association, the International Fiscal Association, the International Bar Association, an associate member of the American Bar Association, a Tax Practitioner of the Chartered Institute of Taxation, Ghana and a Master Tax Professional (SA) – South African Institutes of Tax Professionals.
William began his legal career as a trainee associate at Sam Okudzeto& Associates and as a legal officer at the Human Rights Advocacy Centre. He was an adjunct lecturer at GIMPA and Lancaster University Ghana; a part-time lecturer at the Graduate School of Pentecost University College and is a lecturer at the Faculty of Law of Central University where he teaches law of contract, commercial law and law of taxation.
Mr. Owusu Demitia works as a Senior Associate Consultant at Ali-Nakyea& Associates, a firm of Tax Attorneys, Solicitors & Consultants.
He has attended a number of conferences and made presentations at the 5th Annual International Tax Conference of the Chartered Institute of Taxation (Ghana); the 4th Annual Africa Transfer Pricing Summit, Sandton, Johannesburg, the Ghana Revenue Authority Stakeholder’s Workshop on E-Commerce Taxation in Ghana, the 2ndBancassurance Conference in Ghana; the 5th West African Union of Tax Institutes (WAUTI) International Conference and the 3rd IBFD Africa Tax Symposium in Ghana.
William has also contributed to Ministry of Finance Workshops on drafting legislations for Safe Harbour Provisions in Transfer Pricing Regulations, Base Erosion and Profit Shifting (BEPS), Transfer Pricing issues in Technology Transfer Agreements and Exchange of Information for Customs Valuation and Transfer Pricing Regimes.
His publications include the following:
• “BEPS and Tax Compliance in Ghana” Tax Notes International Vol. 80, No. 9, November 30 2015, p. 763
• “The Need for a Substantial Presence Test in Ghana” co-authored with Abdallah Ali-Nakyea; Tax Notes International Vol. 81, No. 2, January 11 2016, p. 175
• “Stemming the Tide of Transfer Pricing: A Critical Evaluation of the Efficacy of Ghana’s Transfer Pricing Regulations on Services” co-authored with Abdallah Ali-Nakyea; International Transfer Pricing Journal Vol. 23, No. 2, March 7, 2016
• “The Taxation of Foreign-Source Income of Ghana Residents” Tax Notes International Vol. 83, No. 7, August 15, 2016 p. 621
• “Ghana’s Transfer Pricing Regime: The Current Situation and Suggestions for Improvement” co-authored with Abdallah Ali-Nakyea; Bulletin for International Taxation Vol. 70, No. 12, October 28 2016
Admissions: +233 0307 020540 | +233 0303 318583
Main: +233 0303 318580 | 030 7020545 (Miotso) | +233 0302 313185 (Mataheko) | +233 0302 396189 (Kumasi)
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180