MR. GEORGE HUGHES
George Hughes is a full time lecturer at the Department of Economics under the umbrella of the Faculty of Social Science (FASS) in Central University. He graduated with Masters Degree in Economics and B.A Honours Degree (Economics and Geography) both awarded from Kwame Nkrumah University of Science and Technology in Kumasi.
George, before his appointment taught Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Research Methods and Entrepreneurship at Meridian University College, Methodist University College, and WINTECH Professional Institute all in Accra. He has attended conferences and workshops on Internal Quality Assurance at the Tertiary level from NAB; An external Assessor of students’ theses at UPSA. He is a chartered member of ICEG (Institute of Chartered Economists of Ghana).
Currently, he lectures Advanced Economic Theory, Intermediate Microeconomics, Economy of Ghana, Research Methods, Introduction to Economics (Microeconomics and Macroeconomics).
His field of interests are Mathematics, Statistics, Applied Microeconomics and Health Economics.
George has published the following papers;
- Korle, K., Amoah, A., Hughes, G., Pomeyie, P., & Ahiabor, G. (2020). Investigating the role of disaggregated economic freedom measures and HDI on human development in Africa. Journal of Economic and Administrative Science, JEAS-02-2019-0017 published by Emerald Publishing Limited 1026-4116.
- Amoah, A., Okantey, P. C., Hughes, G., & Fayorsey, C. (2019). Economics of bride-wealth-effect on sustainable marriage, a blessing or a curse? The contemporary Southern Ghana context. International Journal of Gender Studies in Developing Societies, Volume 3, Number 2.
- Barnes, B., Harris, E., Darquah, N.F & Hughes, G. (2018). The proofs of the Arithmetic-Geometric Mean Inequality through both the product and the binomial inequalities. European Journal of Pure and Applied Mathematics, Volume 11, Number 4.
- Amoah, A., Hughes, G. and Pomeyie, P. (2018). Environmental consciousness and choice of bulb for lighting in a developing country. Energy, Sustainability and Society Journal, 2018, Volume 8, Number 1.
- Hughes, G. Amoah, A. Ahiabor,G. & Awuah,B. (2013) Estimation of the Economic Cost of Breast Cancer in Ghana: The Komfo Anokye Teaching Hospital Experience. Journal of Business Research, Volume. 6, Number 1&2, 2013
Admissions: +233 0307 020540 | +233 0303 318583
Main: +233 0303 318580 | 030 7020545 (Miotso) | +233 0302 313185 (Mataheko) | +233 0302 396189 (Kumasi)
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180