DR. JAMES-PAUL KRETCHY
Dr. James-Paul Kretchy is a Public Health expert and Medical Microbiologist. He is a lecturer at the Department of Physician Assistantship Studies, School of Medicine and Health Sciences, with cognate responsibilities in Public Health, Nursing, Pharmacy as well as Vision and Legacy at Central University. His teaching and research areas include, but not limited to, Epidemiology of Tropical communicable diseases, Emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases, Neglected tropical diseases, Genetics/Cellular biology/ Immunology of parasite infections as well as Environmental and Occupational Health. He has published many peer reviewed articles in reputable journals and presented abstracts in local and international conferences, including the prestigious 63rd Annual Meeting of the American Society of Tropical Medicine and Hygiene (ASTMH) and the 8th European Congress on Tropical Medicine and International Health (ECTMIH) in Copenhagen, Denmark. He is an editorial board member and reviewer for many academic journals. His research skills combine both field and laboratory aspects to investigate tropical public health issues, using both qualitative and quantitative approaches. He is currently an academic advisor to Level 300 Physician Assistantship students and serves as Secretary to the Planning Committee of the School of Medicine and Health Sciences’ Annual Colloquium series.
- Doctor of Philosophy in Public Health (University of Ghana School of Public Health – Biological, Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences) - 2017
- Master of Philosophy in Medical Microbiology (University of Ghana Medical School) – 2007
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) in Biological Sciences (University of Cape-Coast) – 2003
- Certificate in Global Health Policy (University of Copenhagen School of Global Health, Denmark) – 2012
- Certificate in Ethics of Human Research (University of Copenhagen School of Global Health, Denmark) – 2012
- Certificate in Project Management and Project Leadership (University of Copenhagen School of Global Health, Denmark) – 2012
- Certificate in Qualitative Research (Karolinska Medical University, Sweden) - 2012
Below are some publications
1. James-Paul Kretchy, Ishmael D. Norman, Mavis A. Opong-Addoh. (2019). Adherence to safety protocols among factory workers of an industrial municipality in southern Ghana. Journal of Public Health Policy and Planning. 3(1):13-17. http://www.alliedacademies.org/public-health-policy-planning/
2. James-Paul Kretchy, Patrick F. Ayeh-Kumi, Ben A. Gyan. (2018). Expression of Endothelial Receptors and Chemokines among Ghanaian Children with Severe Malaria. Central Enquiry. 3(1):171-188. http://central.edu.gh
3. Kretchy, J. P., Doku G. N., Annor, R. A., Addy, B. S., Asante R. K. (2017). Distribution of ABO blood group/Rhesus factor in the Eastern Region of Ghana, towards effective blood bank inventory. Scholars Journal of Applied Medical Sciences. 5(3B):821-826. ISSN 2320-6691. http://saspublisher.com/wp-content/uploads/2017/04/SJAMS-53B821-826.pdf.
4. James-Paul Kretchy, Mawuli Dzodzomenyo, Thilde Rheinlander, Irene Ayi, Flemming Konradsen, Julius Fobil, Anders Dalsgaard. (2015). Exposure, Protection and Self-reported occupational health problems among solid waste handlers in a large coastal peri-urban community in Ghana. International Journal of Public Health and Epidemiology.
4(2):121-128. ISSN 2326-7291. http://internationalscholarsjournals.org/journal/ijphe/articles
5. James-Paul Kretchy, Mawuli Dzodzomenyo, Thilde Rheinlander. (2015). Actors in waste management: the case of a rapidly urbanizing coastal peri-urban community in Southern Ghana. Central Inquiry. 1(1):66-69. http://central.edu.gh/images/Cu_Paper_4.pdf
6. Norman, I., Kretchy, J.P., and Brandford, E. (2013). Neck, Wrist and Back Pain among Solid Waste Collectors: Case Study of a Ghanaian Waste Management Company. The Open Public Health Journal. (6):59-66. ISSN 1874-9445/13. http://www.benthamscience.com
7. Ayeh-Kumi, P.F, Opoku A.G, Kwakye-Nuako G, Dayie N.T.K.D, Asmah R.H, …..Kretchy J.P. (2010). Sero-prevalence of Toxoplasmosis among patients visiting the Korle-Bu Teaching Hospital, Accra, Ghana. Reviews in Infection. 1(3):147-150. http://www.sciencej.com
8. Ayeh-Kumi, P.F., Quarcoo, S., Kwakye-Nuako, G., Kretchy, J.P., Osafo-Kantanka, A., Mortu, S. (2009). Prevalence of Intestinal Parasitic Infections among Food Vendors in Accra, Ghana. Journal of Tropical Medicine and Parasitology. 32(1):1-8. www.ptat.thaigov.net
Admissions: +233 0307 020540 | +233 0303 318583
Main: +233 0303 318580 | 030 7020545 (Miotso) | +233 0302 313185 (Mataheko) | +233 0302 396189 (Kumasi)
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180