BSC BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION (MARKETING OPTION)
The programme aims at enhancing the career of students pursuing the Management Studies programme by transferring to them comprehensive knowledge in theories and practice of Management as pertains in Ghana and the world over.
Key Expected Outcomes
Upon completion of the programme, students should be able to make significant contribution in the practices of Marketing. They should be able to develop a successful as well as satisfying career, both in private and public sectors in whatever sector or field they find themselves both in Ghana and overseas.
• To inculcate the practice of good and efficient marketing management and practices in students;
• To efficiently demonstrate to students the understanding of ethics in Marketing and how to contribute significantly to the progress of organisations [state or private];
• To enable students gain a thorough understanding of the operations of the financial markets both locally and internationally;
• To enable students gain understanding of the operations of banks in the handling of both local and international businesses;
• To gain the understanding of how to effectively and efficiently apply marketing management in fast moving consumer goods companies and other businesses;
• To enable students appreciate contemporary and innovative concepts and theories in Marketing to enable them keep abreast with time since Marketing is continuously evolving.
Class Tests, Semester, Examinations, Projects
Graduates of the Marketing programme have job opportunities in both public and private sectors. In the public sector, opportunities abound in public sector ministries and several public sector organisations.
In the private sector, jobs abound in commercial banks, Fast Moving Consumer Goods Companies, Insurance companies, Loans and savings institutions, Micro finance companies and other numerous private sector organizations. A significant number of our graduates have established their own firms.
Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate: Passes in core English, core Mathematics, core Science and three elective subjects, with an aggregate score of 24 or better in the West African Examination Council (WAEC) or with an aggregate score of 36 or better in the West African Senior Secondary School Certiﬁcate Examinations (WASSCE).All passes must be at grade D (SSSCE) or grade C6 (WASSCE) or better.
General Certiﬁcate of Education: An applicant must have at least credit-level passes in 5 subjects (including English Language and Mathematics) at the GCE Ordinary Level and at least 2 passes at the GCE Advanced Level. One of the advanced level passes must be grade ‘D’ or better. A pass in General Paper must also be obtained.
Professional Qualiﬁcations: Diploma in Business Studies (DBS) with at least 3 Credits and 2 passes awarded by the Technical Examination Unit of GES. Other qualiﬁcations such as Private Secretary and Bilingual Secretaryship are eligible.
Mature Student’s Entry Requirement: Applicants without formal academic qualiﬁcations may be considered for admission if they are above 25 years old and have demonstrable relevant professional experience. Applicants will also be required to pass an entrance examination and/or an interview.
Dr Adelaide Kastner,
Ag.Head of Department
Admissions: +233 028 9546164/5
Main: +233 (0)302 951478 / 0302 313185/ 0303 318580/ 0303 951478
Whatsapp: +233 023 331 3180